Are you curious about how fast does an electric skateboard go? With the rise of electric skateboards in recent years, it’s essential to know what you’re getting into before taking the plunge. Whether you’re looking for an adrenaline-fueled ride or want to commute faster, understanding the speed capabilities of an electric skateboard is crucial.
In this article, we’ll dive into the factors that affect electric skateboard speed, the average speed of electric skateboards, and the fastest electric skateboards in the market.
How Fast an Electric Skateboard Go?
Some Factors that Affect Electric Skateboard Speed
Electric skateboard speed is a crucial factor that determines your overall riding experience. Here are the key factors that affect the speed of an electric skateboard:
- Motor Power & Size: Generally, the higher the wattage rating of the motor, the faster the skateboard can travel. Larger motors also have more torque, which means they can handle steeper inclines and rougher terrain.
- Battery Capacity & Voltage: The battery’s capacity and voltage determine how much power the motor can draw, affecting the skateboard’s speed and range. Higher voltage batteries can provide more power to the motor, resulting in faster speeds.
- Rider Weight & Terrain Type: Heavier riders put more strain on the motor and battery, affecting the skateboard’s top speed. Additionally, rough terrain can slow down the skateboard and reduce its speed.
5 Top & Fastest Electric Skateboards in the Market
Australian mechanical engineer Raine Kent broke the Guinness World Record for being the world’s fastest electric skateboard, achieving a speed of 132.37 km/h (82.25 mph) on a custom-built skateboard.
But this customized skateboard is not available in the market for sale. Here are some of the fastest electric skateboards currently available in the market:
- Raith Vengeance 4WD: This Vengeance is the world record holding electric skateboard. That can reach up to 80.7mph (130km/h) and range up to 45km (28 miles). It features a powerful (2400W) brushless motor and long lasting 44.4V battery.
- Bioboards Plutonium 2: This Swedish-made fastest electric skateboard can reach up to 68 mph (110 km/h). Thanks to its dual 6396 brushless motors and 12s8p battery.
- Lacroix Lonestar Supersport: The Lonestar Supersport is a high-performance electric skateboard that can go up to 46 mph (74 km/h) and range up to 25 miles (40 km). It features a powerful 2×6389 brushless motor and a 12s4p battery.
- Bajaboard Pantera: This Australian-made electric skateboard boasts a top speed of 45 mph (72 km/h), making it one of the fastest electric skateboards in the world. It features a powerful 4WD system and a range of up to 31 miles (50 km).
- Kaly NYC XL-R: This electric skateboard is designed for off-road adventures and can reach up to 42 mph (68 km/h). It features a powerful 4×6374 brushless motor and a 12s4p battery.
- Ownboard Zeus: This electric skateboard can go up to 37 mph (60 km/h) and range up to 20 miles (32 km). It features a powerful dual 6368 brushless motor and 10s4p battery.