Today, electric scooters are trendy among people and rapidly changing transport due to their quick and easy use and more convenient riding experience. These micromobilities are inexpensive, especially for short trips, shopping malls, and even college campus riding.
The electric scooters are noise-free and pollution-free transport. People can go for electric scooters with the rising fuel prices. Various electric scooters are available for adults, kids, and older adults.
Besides the advantage of using electric scooters, we will discuss some technical issues and errors of electric scooters in this article. You will see why your electric scooter makes noises when it starts.
Get the Idea
Why Does My Electric Scooter Beeping? Reasons
There are many reasons for electric scooters’ beeping if you are facing that your E-Scooter is not turning on.
- If it is your first ride, your e-scooter is not activated, or your scooter beeps after power is on. So you need to install the home app and follow some easy on-screen instructions in the app. It would help if you kept it activated for first use.
- Once it’s activated, the beeping sound will stop and you can enjoy your ride with a maximum speed.
- If the battery level is low, the electric scooter will beep. You need to charge your e-bike before riding entirely.
- If the battery voltage is too low and cannot power up the scooter, Replace the charger and charge the scooter completely, or replace the batteries.
- Cruise control is likely turned on if your scooter starts beeping after holding the throttle down for a few seconds. Cruise control is a P1 setting and can be turned on and off through the display menu. In Cruise control mode, the scooter will maintain its current speed even when you release the throttle. You can see how to turn this function on and off.
- If it is not so, this issue is due to a battery or battery connection.
Electric Scooter Beeping Error Codes List
Most electric scooters will beep or have a blinking LED light to indicate there is an error. If common errors are displaying on the screen, here are the list to describe the errors codes. If you listen,
|Code & Beeps||Error|
|1 Long and 0 Short||Your scooter has a communication issue with the panel|
|1 Long and 1 Short||Motor current Phase A is abnormal|
|1 Long and 2 Short||The Motor current of Phase B is abnormal|
|1 Long and 3 Short||Then motor current Phase C is not working like normal|
|1 Long and 4 Short||The speed sensor is working abnormally|
|1 Long and 5 Short||The brake sensor is not working appropriately|
|1 Long and 8 Short||You need to check the motor sensor because it is not working properly|
|2 Long and 1 Short||There is a communication error with BMS|
|2 Long and 2 Short||Bad BMS password|
|2 Long and 3 Short||The issue with the serial number of the BMS|
|2 Long and 4 Short||System voltage abnormality|
|2 Long and 6 Short||You must check the controller|
|2 Long and 7 Short||The controller has a wrong password|
|2 Long and 8 OR 9 Short||MOSFET low status|
|3 Long and 1 Short||Program error|
|3 Long and 5 Short||Wrong serial number of the scooter|
|3 Long and 9 Short||Battery temperature is abnormal|
|4 Long and 0 Short||Controller sensor temperature issue|
Follow the Instructions: Solution
How To Fix Electric Scooter Beeping Noise?
E-Scooter beeping is a simple issue like a dead battery. Follow the steps to activate the scooter. So, you can use it to its full potential and stop the beeping sound / flashing indicator lights.
Step 1: Power on the Scooter
- The beeping noise and flashing indicator light are customary to let you know that the scooter has NOT been activated yet.
- The speed must be limited to 3.1 MPH.
Step 2: Activating the Scooter
- Press the throttle and squeeze the brake lever
- Holding it for a few seconds you will hear two beeps
- Release the throttle and brake lever
- The scooter is now activated, and the beeping sounds and flashing indicator lights have stopped
Please note the following Tips:
- Once the scooter has been activated, the maximum speed is 8.6 MPH (E8), 10 MPH (E10), 11.2 MPH (E12)
- The Zing series kick scooter does not have a Bluetooth module; therefore, it cannot connect to the Segway-Ninebot APP, and an APP is not required to use the product.
- If you still have issues, the next step would be returning this unit to the service center for warranty repair.
How to Reset Electric Scooter?
If your electric scooter is overloaded, the circuit breaker may trip and power to the motor or engine will be shut off. To make sure the riding condition is correct, check your weight to make sure it is appropriate for your scooter. Allow a few seconds to pass, then press the reset button to reset the circuit. The reset button can be found on the left side of the battery box.
1) If the Electric Scooter is not Working
Check the engine since the engine is the control source. The working of the electric scooter can be affected due to excessive riding or doing stunts. Check the battery charger as well. In case the indicator does not work appropriately, change the charger and, after that, attempt once more.
2) Unlock an Electric Scooter
For a few e-scooters, a basic swipe right within the companion app can open it. In case this does not resolve the issue, if it’s not too much trouble, evacuate the handlebars, detach the cable inside for 3-4 hours, and after that, re-connect it. The e-scooter ought to, at that point, consequently unlock.
3) Battery Checking in Electric Scooter
To the battery, you need a multimeter or Voltmeter and set its function selector to DC Volts V – or VDC on a value of 200; Turn the scooter’s power settings off. Then connect the multimeter or volt meter probes to the battery pack terminals and read the Voltage. Finally, get someone to stand on the scooter so that it stays put.
4) Fixing of Speed Controller if not Working
- Ensure the Power Switch Is On.
- Check the Fuse and Circuit Breaker.
- Try Pushing the Scooter to Start.
- Inspect by sight, touch, and smell.
- Test the other components connected to the speed controller.
- Test the fuse or circuit breaker.
- Then Brake Lever Switch.
- And Key Switch or Power Switch.
5) To Unlock the Speed on an Electric Scooter
The electric scooters and E-Twow Booster versions, you can remove the speed limit by following these steps:
- First, turn on the power and see the display.
- You need to press and hold the electronic brake from the handle.
- Press the POWER button.
- Move to P3 (sport option) using the LIGHT button.
- Press the S (SET) button.