The functioning of an electric vehicle depends upon the health of the battery inserted inside that vehicle. If the battery works fine, so will the vehicle. But if there is a fault in the battery, it needs to be replaced or repaired depending upon the nature of the fault. Some measures need to be taken to increase an Electric Scooter Battery Life or maintain it.
For example, one should keep in mind that the battery does not overcharge, and if it does, its health will start to ruin. Also, for longer battery life, it should be made sure that the charger used for charging the electric scooter is own and not just any other charger. There must be one specific charger, and the battery should be charged with the same charger.
Battery health also depends more on which charger is being used to charge it to a more considerable extent. The whole functioning of the electric scooter depends on the health of its battery. If the battery works fine, so will the scooter, and if the scooter works fine, it will work efficiently for you to complete your tasks. So, an Electric Scooter Battery Life can be maintained or even increased only by paying attention to the dos and don’ts while you charge your vehicle.
Below are a few things related to the Electric Scooter Battery Life that will guide you towards pricing the different scooter batteries, how you can increase your electric scooter’s battery life, etc.
Electric Scooter Battery Specifications:
Electric Scooter Battery Specifications are what make the overall functioning of the battery. These specifications include the input voltage, output voltage, charge capacity, and energy storage capacity.
Voltage is what makes electrons move through the circuit, forcing an electric current. Voltage is measured in Volts (V). Voltage tells how quickly power can be liberated. The greater the voltage, the greater the battery’s ability to provide more power to the motor.
There are two types of voltages, input, and output. Battery voltage is mostly output voltage. The motor’s input voltage must be a few Volts lesser than the battery’s output voltage. Usually, batteries in scooters have 24V, 36V, and 48V. They can also be as much as 96V or even 120V.
Electric Scooter Battery Charges:
Electric charges are either positive or negative; there is no other possibility. All the batteries should have charges for the providence of electricity. Battery charge is measured in Ampere hours (Ah).
In electric scooters, battery charges may go from 4 Ah to a higher rate of 50 Ah in exceptionally performing scooters.
Energy storage capacity is the measure of energy stored by the battery. It is measured in Watt-hours (Wh). One Watt-hour makes one Volt times one Ampere-hour.
Battery capacities of scooters can be anywhere from 100 Wh to 3000 Wh. The majority of the adult scooters have capacities between 150 Wh and 624 Wh.
Electric Scooter Battery Price:
Since the working of an Electric Scooter depends to a greater extent on its battery, these batteries have the highest prices. These prices vary from battery to battery and quality to quality.
For a moderate model, the cost is usually between $150 and up to 300$. Generally, the price of a battery is from one-third to half of the scooter’s price. Below mentioned are some of the batteries with their prices to give you an idea about the batteries’ different costs and models.
- Xiaomi Mi M365 Electric Scooter Battery costs around $150.00 on China websites, but it’s tough to find.
- E-Two Booster Electric Scooter Battery – 200$
- E-Two Master Electric Scooter Battery – MASTER S2 24V 8,5Ah E-Twow – 300$
- Super Booster S2 Battery 33V 8.5 Ah E-Two, called Uscooter Booster Plus S+ – 300$
- Battery ECO S2 24v 6,5Ah E-Twow – 260 $
Electric Scooter Battery Replacement:
If your scooter’s battery gets damaged and the nature of the damage is such that the battery cannot be repaired, the only option left for you is to replace the damaged battery with a new one. Finding a replacement battery for your electronic scooter is not as easy as it may seem. But websites like Alibaba or AliExpress can be of help to you to get replacement batteries.
Some of the replacement batteries you can consider buying for your scooter that is not too costly are mentioned below.
- Razor ZR350 12V 7 Ah Electric Scooter Replacement Battery for $25.79
- Razor Power Core E90 12V 7 Ah Electric Scooter Replacement Battery
- Razor E300 12V 9 Ah Electric Scooter Replacement Battery
Method of Replacement:
You can do the Electric Scooter Battery Replacement in the following way:
Make sure to turn off the power supply before beginning the replacement process as a safety measure. Also, confirm that you have all the tools required for the replacement, including a basic screwdriver, Allen wrench 4mm, needle-nose pliers, and a 4mm wrench.
Start by taking out screws from the deck and keeping them separately in a container, so they do not mix with other stuff. Remove Allen bolts with the help of an Allen 8mm wrench. Take out the third and last couple of screws with a screwdriver and wrench.
You will see the bar by which the battery stays in place. It would be best if you took out the old battery by removing that bar. The cords attached to the battery will also be removed by flipping the battery, making unplugging the cable easy.
Pressing the clip will help to take off the big plus easily. Low lying pins will be removed with the help of pliers. Now, straightly pull back the plugs. Because batteries are connected, you will need to remove them right.
- To place the new battery, insert it directly in one location, and the battery has a lengthy wire towards the back side of the electric scooter. Plug the cables with each other using the pliers. Plug the last wires first, then the first wires last. Ensure that the plastic cover is connected to the metal connectors since it minimizes the chance of currents.
- Before placing the deck, guarantee that the battery tie-down strap is fixed utilizing a screwdriver. Install the scooter deck with all the screws in the same position they had been taken out.
Electric Scooter First Charge:
After you buy your electric scooter, you need first to charge it. This Electric Scooter First charge takes about 12 hours for complete charging. The light, while the scooter is being charged, is red. It turns green when the battery is fully charged.
There are chances that the red light turns green even when the battery is fully charged, but you have to continue charging for 12 hours. The batteries are built in a way that prevents overcharging. So, you do not need to worry if you forget to disconnect the charger within 24 hours. There is no need to alarm if the charger becomes hot; it is okay.
How to Increase Battery Life of Electric Scooter?
The main question that worries all the scooter users is ‘How to Increase Battery Life of Electric Scooter?’ the electric scooter battery life can be increased in many ways.
- You must know the actual range of your electric scooter. You must know how much distance your scooter can cover in one-time charging.
- There is no need to drain your battery and then charge it. Draining and then charging the battery is a mistake that most of us make when we think about other devices that do great when you drain them and then give them complete charging, but this is not the case with an electric scooter. There should be at least a 10-40% charge when you put your scooter to charge. You should make sure that you charge your scooter after every use.
- Also, the electric scooters that are not designed for climbing should not be used for climbing purposes. It will drain the battery, and your scooter will have a damaged battery.
- Frequent battery charging will keep your scooter battery charged and play a significant role in increasing its life.
- Ensure you do not overcharge your battery and instantly disconnect the power when your battery is fully charged.
- Lithium-ion batteries stay for longer if there are charges in them. You should always keep your scooter battery charged even if you are not using it regularly.
- Use the same battery charger, and do not charge your scooter’s battery with any charger you get hold of.
- It would be best to keep your battery in a not very cold and not a very hot temperature. The temperature ideal for increasing battery health is the temperature that humans can tolerate.
Electric Scooter Battery Problems:
The Electric Scooter Battery Problems play a significant role in affecting electric scooter battery life negatively. These problems are of the following types:
- A lifeless battery annoys you like anything when you cannot start your scooter even after trying many times; that is when your battery is called ‘dead.’
- Another major problem in the short time of lasting of battery’s charging. The scooter shows signs of low charging earlier than usual.
- A heated-up engine/motor is another problem, and if it continues can decrease your battery life.
- Sometimes the scooter is slow to ride, and other times, it does not run, indicating any or lesser acceleration, which is another problem.
- If the electrical controller comes in contact with a wire or other outer body, it may harm the engine’s activities since all the wires are connected to that electrical controller.
- Sometimes, the fault is in your charger. The charger does not charge your electric scooter correctly, and as a result, it does not perform as it should.
Best Electric Scooter Battery Life Time:
An electric scooter battery typically lasts for 2 to 3 years, or 300 to 500 complete charge cycles, whichever comes first. You can look forward to the battery functionality deteriorating after 200-300 charge cycles. Power quality batteries remain for less than 1 year, but good batteries can remain up to 5 years with you.
Lithium Ion Battery for Electric Scooter:
Li-ion batteries have an outstanding amount of energy stored in them, called their Energy Density. Also, these batteries are long-lasting, which means that they can be charged, discharged, and reused many times. Li-ions combine with other metals to form different compounds that make the Lithium Ion Battery for Electric Scooters. Examples, Lithium manganese oxide, lithium cobalt oxide, etc.
Ola Electric Scooter Battery Life:
Ola Electric Scooter has a 3.97 kWh Li-ion battery pack. Ola battery requires 6.3 hours to charge fully. After one time charge, the battery has a range of 181km. The Ola Electric Scooter Battery Life is 5 to 7 years. This battery life is incredible enough for Ola to be an excellent brand.
Xiaomi Scooter Battery:
Xiaomi Scooter Battery is made up of Li-ions. The Xiaomi M365 scooter can run up to 15 mph, and the battery lasts for 18 miles. The battery requires 5 hours to be fully charged. This battery has 300-500 charge cycles in total and 200-300 before the battery starts to drain.
Electric Scooter Battery Capacity:
An ordinary scooter has a capacity of around 250 Wh and can run for about 10 miles with an average of 15 miles in one hour. Renowned performing scooters may have the capacity of thousands of watt-hours, and their range can be up to 60 miles.
How Many Hours Does A Mobility Scooter Battery Last?
Mobility Scooters are specially created for people with limited movement ability, mainly due to age or disability. There are a lot of confusion and questions related to the batteries as, how many hours does a mobility scooter battery last and for how long it lasts. The answer to this question is that a good quality mobility scooter battery will last from 45 minutes to 1 hour after a one-time charge. The battery takes 6 to 8 hours to charge fully.
Gotrax Scooter Battery Replacement Process:
Gotra Scooter Battery Replacement is done in a below-mentioned way:
The battery is replaced most efficiently with the help of only two tools; a 4mm Allen wrench and Slip Joint Pliers.
First, detach the console screws and locking hook. After that, disconnect the brake cable present only in the handbrake edition. Now, take off the head unit from the scooter by placing one foot on the scooter foundation and raising the handlebars. Then, remove the old battery by grabbing the battery from the upper part. Now check the connections.
Now insert a new battery and make sure you are doing it correctly. Attach the head unit again by bringing it back to its place. Now, connect the brake line again and place the locking hook again. The Replacement Battery used in the Gotrax Scooter is a Lithium-Ion Battery commonly used in most electric scooters.
Hero Electric Scooter Battery Life:
If properly maintained, the Hero Electric Scooter Battery Life can be as long as 2-4 years or a maximum of 5 years. The battery life cannot be more than this because the lithium battery will automatically lose its efficiency over this time, no matter if it is not in use.
Okinawa Electric Scooter Battery Life:
The declared charging time for an Okinawa Scooter Battery is 2-3 hours. The scooter battery should not be charged past this time to maintain the Okinawa Electric Scooter Battery Life. The battery life is 2-3 years of good performance. The battery is Lithium-ion based.